Chorley FC - Victory Park

My trip to Chorley was a bit unexpected, my friend and football manager Ian inviting me to the game. With Ian being a fan of FC United and me wanting Chorley to win, it became and interesting fixture for both of us! 

My journey began at 1:05 pm when my Mum gave me a lift to Bromley Cross train station where I will go onto catch the 1:23 train to Bolton. To say the Bromley Cross train was packed was an understatement! When I got to Bolton I met Ian on platform 4 and we caught the 13:40 train to Chorley. We arrived in Chorley at 14:01 and had plenty of time to stroll down to Victory Park. Altogether my train (Return U16 Ticket) cost £3.80.

On aproach to the ground the ground really impressed me, the turnstile were old fashined yet nice and cosy. After going through the turnstiles I bought a well presented programme off the programme seller, Chorley have a really good programme considering their a non league club - the only one I have bought in coulor! To the left of me is what I am going to call the War Time Stand as it was built during/after the second world war. To the right is what is called The Pilling Lane End, its pretty basic really! Facing The Pilling Lane End was the Main Stand its was built in 1947 as the old one burnt down. Behind the goal facing the War Time Stand was a min covered terrace, which created a fantastic atmosphere. 

As for the match itself, Chorley overall were the better team but on 36 minutes when Norton fired in a superb shot from a corner much to the delight of the FC faithful. But just soon later, Chorley deservedly equalized, Cunliffe creating a fantastic opurtunity Whittam who fired in the equalizer  que raptures from the Chorley faithfull!

Half time soon came, que me rambaling on about how much I love the pie I bought  But, no! The magpies nest has an endless menu so I opted for some chips which were priced very cheaply at £1.00, they were lovely!

The second half begun, me and Ian took seats in the new plastic seats in The Main Stand. 20 minutes into the second half and a superb cross from Tom Ince created a fantastic header opurtunity for Adam Roscoe, who hit the bar. With just 3 minutes to the end off the game, Chorley coincided a goal more than defiantly against a run of play, Mathhew Tierney struck a wonder free - kick to take FC into the lead. Que loud and cumbersome chants from the FC faithful.

The journey home was again pretty simple, catching the 17:03 train from Chorley into Bolton and then the rather cramped (again) 17:20 train to Bromley Cross. Overall a superb day out! Again, I would recommend Chorley FC to anyone looking for a cheap football match.










No comments

Powered by Blogger.