Bolton Wanderers - The Reebok

Now, with me being a Burnley fan that comes from Bolton, you would expect me to hate Bolton Wanderers with passion, and I do! So why go and watch them I here you ask? My answer  to support the opposition!

My journey to The Breezebok The Reebok was an easy one with my Grandad picking me up at my house at 13:30 for us to arrive at The Reebok around 14:04. Next to The Reebok is the biggest Tesco I have ever seen in my lifetime, I decided to go for the mooch round Tesco to do a little time burning. 

After 5 or 10 minutes mooching round Tesco my Grandad and I entered the ground. We were borrowing my Grandad's friends season tickets so entry was free! We took our seats on the corner flag, we were facing the so called "Crazy Corner". To the left of me was the Nat Lofthouse stand, a simple 2 tired stand which seemed most popular of the three available to Bolton fans. Straight ahead was the North Stand. Again, simple two tired, this stand was temperory home to the away supporters. And, to the right of me was The Main stand which was home to the dugouts, directors boxes etc. 

I must comment on how poor the atmosphere was at the game, I mean I know its only Ipswich but show some passion at least!

Anyway, the game itself was pretty boring ... But on 6 minutes Mark Davies opened the scoring with a 25 yard screamer. After the goal Bolton played quite negative under, sort of new, boss Dougie Freedman. Ipswich began to attack and attack and attack and Bolton resistance was nearly broken. Half time 1-0.

At half time I joined the massive Que for a pie, Hollands Pie, nothing better to warm you up on a crystal clear winters day.

Second half, and Ipswich were attacking again. And finaly, Ipswich equalized thanks to a DJ Campbell penelty, que booing and hissing from the Bolton terraces  If I taught the Bolton fans were angry at the penalty then what word can describe Ipswich's winner?!? On the 90th minute Micheal Chopra jumped onto Adam Bogdan's mistake to send the well deserved 3 points to Ipswich.




Our journey home was quick and easy, overall a pretty decent day out! 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.