Radcliffe Borough - Stantion Park




It was an hour in to double History that I decided that on Saturday I will go to Stantion Park to watch "The Boro" play Prescot Cables in the Evo-Stick Northen Premier League Division 1. Everything was planned to go smoothly but, in true The Half Time Whistle style, something went wrong, I was planning to go with Jack, but he cancelled  last minute. What do I do, go and look like a loner? I went, and yes i looked like a loner. 

Mummy Dearest offered me a lift, so at 14:15 we left the warmth of our house to the freshness of Stantion Park. Arriving at the ground at 14:40. Now, I have been to Radcliffe before so I know my way round, I headed straight for the turnstiles singing along to the music coming from TGOTT'S tannoy, it was £2 to get in for me (14-16 year old) which was reasonably priced. I bought a rather well presented programme, or as their called at Radcliffe "Matchday Magazine" which is a full color monthly issue and replaces the bog standard black and white non-league programme  and for £1.50 a barging  I got a match day line up with this as well. I went straight to get some food, my good scene of smell led me to Pauls Cabin, home to the friendliest man I have ever met. I got an egg barm (£1.00). 

As for Stantion Park itself, it was built in 1970 and is home to Blackburn Ladies. As I look to my left I see The Lodge End, the name comes from the Lodge that is behind the stand, this is a 350 seated stand which was my temporary home for the first half and the permanent home of TGOTT (The Guy On The Tannoy - James Hayes). Straight ahead of me was The Staintion Park Close Side, a simple terrace that runs the length of the pitch, you will find both dug outs here. To the right is The Pilkington Road End, this is a small basic terrace. Facing The Stantion Park Close Side was The 'Shed' which was covered for one half of the pitch and not for the other, you will find the Turnstyles, Paul's cabin and the clubhouse on this side of the rather smart ground. 

As for the game itself, the first 15 minutes of the first half was pretty boring end to end stuff, with no real shots going on goal, but around the 20 minute mark Prescot (finally) had a shot at Radcliffe's goal, but the shot was brilliantly saved by Boro' keeper James Coates.

HALF TIME

10 minutes into the second half Boro' took the lead thanks to Tom Brooks. He had a fantastic run which ended with him firing the ball into the bottom right hand corner. Prescot's frustrations showed with just 7-8 minutes later Prescot's Joe Evans was red carded!

FULL TIME -1-0 TO THE BORO! 

I really enjoyed my day out to Radcliffe, it was great value for money and easy to get there. Good luck to Radcliffe Borough for the furutre!


 




2 comments:

Powered by Blogger.